Monday, October 3, 2011

To Focus is the First Step

So lately I've noticed that I've been having some problems with my focus. Furthermore I realized this is not a new thing with me, its something I've been fighting all my life. I simply have a real hard time focusing. My attention span is about as brief as Taylor Swift's relationships.
I started thinking about things which I could do to help maintain my focus. Prayer always helps, but I got the feeling that Heavenly Father did not have the intention of fixing my problem. Was it because he doesn't love me? Nope. Its because he knows that this is something I need to overcome with his support, not his intervention.
I began to exercise ande train for my ultimate fighting. While it helped with my focus, it did not help with my will or drive. I have realized that one reason I don't try very hard, is because I used to think everything would fall into place in the end. Don't we all wish that were the case?
I had an epiphany though as I was training. And that is that no matter how naturaly good you are at something, chances are someone is better. So what separates the best from the rest?
Work ethic, focus, and a will to succeed.
So here are my tips for those of you who like me, have had troubles focusing.
First, find something you hate. Whether that is cleaning bathrooms, reading or singing in the rain, find something that you know you should do but don't, and force yourself to do it.
Second, find something you love to counteract it.
Third and finally, find the reason behind why you are doing it. Cleaning the bathrooms makes it so much more pleasant to blog there let me assure you.
So stop dragging your feet at things people! Life won't turn out how you want until you make it happen. Carpe Diem it up! So long till my next post :)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

1 comment: